In our Hearts
This contemporary urn is crafted of solid premium hardwoods. We use Black Walnut, Cherry and Sapele (a member of the Mahogany family). The inscription plate is Canadian Maple. In addition to the cremains this urn is sized to allow additional items to be placed inside such as jewelry, mementos, photographs, etc.
The case features a beautifully carved graphic on one side. We offer a Monarch Butterfly or a Dove with an olive branch or a Star of David.
Note that this urn can also be ordered as a companion urn to hold the cremains of two adults or one plus sized individual. See "Together Forever" style.
Monarch Butterfly - The “monarch” is protecting you and it will remain to be your spirit guide. A sign of rebirth and transformation are some of the symbolic meanings of a monarch butterfly. Therefore, when you see a Monarch Butterfly, spiritually it means that you have made a change in your life as the caterpillar did to become such a beautiful creature.
Peace Dove - The use of a dove and olive branch as a symbol of peace originated with the early Christians, who portrayed the act of baptism accompanied by a dove holding an olive branch in its beak. The early Christians in Rome incorporated into their funerary art the image of a dove carrying an olive branch, often accompanied by the word "Peace". They derived this image from the simile in the Gospels, combining it with the symbol of the olive branch, which had been used to represent peace by the Greeks and Romans.Star of David - The Star of David, known in Hebrew as Magen David is a generally-recognized symbol of modern Jewish Identity and Judaism. The use of the Star of David dates back to the 17th century.
The urn is finished off with felt pad feet to prevent scratching and the inscription plate is glued in place once customized to your specifications.
- 100% made in Canada
- Exterior dimension 8” W x 8” L x 9.75” H (178mm x 178mm x 248mm)
- Interior dimensions 5.5” W x 5.5” L x 7.88” H (140mm x 140mm x 200mm)
- Volume 238 cubic inches (3.9 litres)
- Weight: 6lbs 9oz (3 kg)
- Bottom panel attaches with 4 screws
- Finished with several coats of oil bring out the depth of the grain and protective top coats sprayed on.
- Inscription plate (Canadian Maple) 4.5” x 4.5” (200mm x 200mm)
- Inscription can include name, dates of birth/death, a phrase, graphics. All of it is cut on our state of the art CNC router.
1. Once you've selected your Urn design and completed checkout we will send you an email within 24 hrs.
2. We will ask for your inscription details. What is the name, birth date, death date and any other phrases, quotes or imagery you'd like on your urn.
3. Bruce will then create a digital rendering of your inscription for your approval. Typically this takes 2-4 business days. Once you review and sign the PDF- it's off to production!
4. We will notify you when the urn has been completed (typically 5-7 business days). We will send you tracking when available!
- Shipping costs are set on a per region basis and you will see options presented at checkout. We ship only via UPS or Canada Post.
- Ground shipping time varies by location but is normally 3 - 5 day.
- Expedited shipping available.